Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jude the Obscure - Chapters 1-8

You still have about 5 days to complete reading chapters 1-8. I wanted to start this first section off with plenty of time alotted so everybody had a chance to get caught up.

Going forward, I'll post the reading schedule for each section and then we'll have 2 days for discussion before moving on. If you think the time alotted for each reading section is too long or too short, let me know. It will be a learning process to figure our what works best to keep us progressing without making it seem like a chore.

I hope the discussion threads will focus on the subtleties and the literary devices of the book, such as the meaning within the plot development, the expansion of the characters, the symbolism of the people, places, and events, and the general human themes. And whatever else comes to mind - I hope each of you will take time to share what you think and what you feel the book is teaching.

No comments: