Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Intro


This is a new blog, created for the purpose of chasing good thoughts, new ideas, and better literature. We'll expand our literary horizons by challenging each other to read, think, and write.

Since it's my blog, I'll choose the books. I'll create the reading schedule. And I'll moderate the discussion.

But for each of you who choose to participate, you'll have the biggest responsibility: driving the discussion and stimulating the group thinking.

We'll read a good mix of classic literature, 20th century American literature, historical non-fiction, and modern social non-fiction. And we might even mix in an Oprah Book Club pick if I feel enough pressure from the female members of the club.

So come on! Don't be afraid to commit. It's going to be fun.

Welcome to Captain' Emus Book Club Blog.

5 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

So is the first book still Jude the Obscure?

Captain Emus said...

Yep. Did you pick it up at the library?

Supercords said...

I get the sneaking suspicion that the only reason you posted a comment on my blog today is to promote your new blog.

I find it quite ironic that someone who so vigorously made fun of bloggers a short while ago, now runs at least 3 blogs that I know of.

Shane

Captain Emus said...

Well Shane, you've proven that you can count. But can you read? Are you joining the coolest book club ever?

Scott said...

I bet Burke would join this club if you did a book about exotic meats.